OntarioDance.com Forum Index
FAQ  FAQ Search  Search Memberlist  Memberlist Usergroups  Usergroups Register  Register Profile  Profile Log in to check your private messages  Log in to check your private messages Log in  Log in
Wow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
interestindance
Second Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

Here we are, days away from the start of a new dance season and this board is dead. Over at Dancemom.com, the board is buzzing with news about songs for the new year, conversations about pointe shoes, tights, etc. They're sharing information about how many hours their kids are dancing, how they keep up with all the running around....they even share ideas for quick dinners....there's nothing happening here.

What gives?....
dancinmom
First Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This board is usually not a "friendly" board. Everyone seems to attack one another, so that has scared most people away. Dancemom.com has a totally different atmosphere, it is a fun friendly place to go. ......just my opinion.

Happy dancin !!
mammalatte
First Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree dancinmom....soon as you mention a studio or something the claws come out. I do not feel comfortable putting anything too specific on this site as I will be quickly attacked.
dancechauffer
First Star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad.

This board could be such a great resource, instead it's become a bulletin board for announcements and job postings.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you start some topics!
interestindance
Second Star

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to start some topics....last time around I asked people to share workshop stories....no one responded.
kaye
First Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dd is going to coastal dance rage workshop @ the end of the month. she is soooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!! rumour has it that mia michaels will be there. anyone else going?
dancechauffer
First Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our studio is also going to Coastal. My daughter has done a workshop called Pulse before with most of the same faculty and she says it was the best one she attended. This is going to be huge. I heard there will be tv coverage and everything. I'm just upset I didn't get an observer's pass. I'm hoping there are some available on the actual day.
kaye
First Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, i think this workshop is going to be BIG! both my dd have gone to many workshop & they have never really been too excited or impressed with any of them but there is a buzz about this one. i think it;s completely sold out!
<3 Conventions

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to Coastal Dance Rage next week and I can't wait because I love going to Conventions period!!!
I have taken classes with almost every teacher that is coming to Coastal and they are all great.
I have been to many great conventions over the past 5 years and I am very excited that there are always new ones popping up especially in Toronto.
In the past I have been to Jump, The Pulse, CanDance, Triple Threat, NYCDA, just to name a few.
I think that there is so much talent in the dance world today, and I feel very priviledged that they have decided to share their talents with us.
I am also going to a couple of new conventions this year, one is called Bounce Dance Convention in October and the other is called Nuvo. Both of these conventions offer different styles of dance. I can't wait!!!
So enjoy as many conventions as you can and enjoy every style of dance that is being offered to you.
I'm just happy to be dancing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OntarioDance.com Forum Index -> Everything All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: