OntarioDance.com Forum Index
FAQ  FAQ Search  Search Memberlist  Memberlist Usergroups  Usergroups Register  Register Profile  Profile Log in to check your private messages  Log in to check your private messages Log in  Log in
why are there so many?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyhenderson
First Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: why are there so many? Reply with quote

Hii...

After having upgraded my display to 106" 16:9 FP, I noticed most of my favorite movies are having black bars (well like my 29" SD TV). I couldn't imagine so many of the good movies are 2.35:1. Yet all pixar and some movies are 16:9 enhanced and will fit fine to the screen. But SD TV from the other side will have side bars.
When stretching to 16:9 with a 29" display was acceptable, it is not even thinkable with a 106" display:raped:!!
It is sad that with a 16:9 display we are still having bars, and Masking systems are not an option for me.
Why so many formats? How can people calculate the required screen size when the format is not fixed? Moreover the beautiful look of a flat pannel or "tableau" goes when there are bars.
Are some movies sold as differnent versions: anamorphic and 16:9 or 1.85:1? So that one can chose the most suitable format for his display?
Why doesn't the industry have a fixed standard format?

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/movies-tv-shows-hollywood/9425-movie-formats-why-there-so-many.html

Corporate Intro Animation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OntarioDance.com Forum Index -> Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: