OntarioDance.com Forum Index
FAQ  FAQ Search  Search Memberlist  Memberlist Usergroups  Usergroups Register  Register Profile  Profile Log in to check your private messages  Log in to check your private messages Log in  Log in
Professional Audio Editor for Dance Routines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkdallman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Professional Audio Editor for Dance Routines Reply with quote

Hi there, everyone!

My name's TK Dallman and I'm a professional audio editor. Recently I was hired by The Dance Movement in London, Ontario to put together the music for their spring recital, "Fever". I had a great time working with TDM's staff, and I wanted to introduce myself to Dance Ontario in case my services might be of use to other studios. If you have never worked with an audio professional before, here are the basics of what I can provide:

- Cut songs to specific lengths
- 'edit' out parts of songs i.e. verses, lines, sometimes single words (though that can present a challenge sometimes!)
- speed up or slow down songs
- edit songs together for a compilation track
- Recording of announcements/introductions/thank yous for your recital
- packaged, professionally labeled CDs ready for competition!

Why should you hire a professional audio editor?

- Quite simply, amateur editing can present many problems. The most important of these are 'clicks and pops', which are a sign of faulty edits. They can be loudly heard every time an edit occurs, and can be harmful to the sound system the song is run through!

Also, while dancers have a great sense of timing, their skills don't always translate well to computer editing software. Hiring a professional can guarantee your songs will end up the way you want them.

How much will it cost?

I work on a project-to-project basis depending on how intensive the editing is, but rest assured my rates very competitive. Hourly rates are also available.

If you have any questions, or would like me to send some samples of my work, I would be more than happy to! I can be reached at: tkdallman at gmail dot com

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OntarioDance.com Forum Index -> Job Postings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: