Joined: 12 Dec 2005
|Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:14 am Post subject: WOMEN IN DANCE- Auditions. SHOW: Sat, Nov 8th!!
|A Creative Showcase Celebrating Women and the Female Dancer
A showcase produced by Laura Furtado & Melissa Nascimento-So
We are a collaborative showcase featuring female dance talent and choreography within the Toronto dance scene. Women in Dance will give Dancers and Choreographers, the amazing opportunity to share their passion of dance and highlight their creativity to our immediate community. We are an artistic dance show that is created, performed and inspired by women.
Women in Dance provides female Dancers and Choreographers, the opportunity to showcase their work and share their passion. We will inspire and awe audiences through creative expressions of dance, while supporting and highlighting talent in all forms of dance, through our evening showcase.
Audition Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008.
Time: 12pm – 4pm. Auditions are held in 15 minute intervals.
Location: City Dance Corps
539 KING ST. WEST. Suite #103 (JUST WEST OF SPADINA)
- Must be female, 18 years or older to audition.
- Solos, Duets, Trios and Group numbers are welcome. If you are auditioning a group number, all dancers must be present.
- You must perform at least 2 minutes of your routine or work in progress.
- Choreography must fit into at least one of our categories: Compassion, Strength, Beauty or Sensuality. Please outline which category you would like to represent.
- Must be available Saturday, November 8th 2008 for both shows: 2pm and 8pm. Dress rehearsal will be held the morning of Saturday, November 8th. Please plan to be available the entire day.
- Please bring a brief bio and picture to the audition. Keep in mind that your full name (individual or group), 100 word bio and picture, will be posted on our website under the DANCER section, and used for other various promotional materials.
- We welcome and are searching for all styles of dance- there are no limits. We encourage you to bring your creativity and inspire us. You must confirm which style of dance your auditioned routine represents.
- Female Spoken Words Artists: Please present your 2 minute poetry, using one of our showcase categories: Compassion, Strength, Beauty or Sensuality.
- To book your audition time slot, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR call: Laura- 416-580-0611 or Melissa- 647-889-5955
- Selected dancers for the show will be contacted by the beginning of Sept. 08.
For more information please visit www.womenindance.com.